Do these steps before you do work in the machine or in the control cabinet:
- Set the main circuit breaker to the OFF position.
- Use an approved lock with an approved safety tag. Always follow lock-out procedures in accordance to local government rules.
- After turning off the machine, wait at least 5 minutes before working in the control cabinet, to allow power to dissipate. Wait for the voltage indicator LED on the vector drive to go off completely.
- Always turn off the main air supply when you work on any part of the pneumatic system.
- Make sure to rest the spindle head on a block of wood when work is done on a vertical axis. This will prevent any unintended movement that could result in the axis falling.
- Never alter any safety circuits on the machine.
- Never change any parameter while in DEBUG mode (Classic Haas Control) and the servos ON. Put the machine in Emergency Stop mode to change any parameters.
- Never operate the machine in DEBUG mode (Classic Haas Control).